Sunday, February 05, 2006

 

Making the Cut

This is a point of no return. Stop now and you have a locked working phone. Proceed you might unlock the phone, or destroy it trying.

You have been warned.

I thought I'd post some comments made to me about cutting the track on the PCB at the testpoint to allow the phone to be unlocked.

"To be honest this is not an easy task. I use a microscope and scapel to cut the testpoint, and its not for the inexperienced. I have unlocked 100+ a65,a62 (same testpoint),a60 etc but still you can get into trouble. Cut to deep and you will cut the sim track and get "insert sim" even with sim in, cut not deep enough and the phone want boot, also please remember these are multi-layer boards. Easiest program to use is SST, then choose correct e-gold phone (a65), choose testpoint boot, then press unlock, power on phone when asked. Once program calculates boot key it will say power on, at this point you need to remove the battery, re-insert it and power on again." J.


"This is very good advice. Although I have done several Siemens unlocks I am never quite comfortable because of the cut required. There is always a great feeling of relief when you boot the phone back up after the cut." V.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?