Sunday, February 05, 2006

 

Running the Unlock Software

I made the cut, popped the A62 back together it booted up.
Popped a SIM in working fine.
Then I took the SIM out.
Found the COM port connect the cable to this and the other end to the A62.
Windows says I have 2 com ports COM1 and COM2.
In SST Pro 5.38 I selected E-Gold A65, Test Point Boot.
Clicking any action I tried Unlock changes the status to Power On
I press the Power button on the phone and the SST says "Entering Boot mode" and then no change even after 12 minutes....

During this power on when the Phone is connected to the PC, The display on the phone stays off. Settings are Com1 115200 (also tried ay 57000 to see if it was a serail speed issue same result)

I'm not sure what the problem might be. Is there a way of testing the serial cable? It is labelled SL55, I assume the COM port on the PC works I've never used it before.

It is possible everything is working I've just not made the cut deep enough?
Not sure how to tell if the CUT has worked. You mensioned that 90% of your A62 need another attempt at the cut?

I was going to ask for advice before taking the scalpel out again.


Flashing Tips
If you're going to start flashing make sure you have backed up a working fullbackup (fubu) beforehand. If you intend to change the startup logo, make sure the one you're downloaded is working (check other users comments). I know that the a65 have 2 different models of the same phone, using different chips, both require different fubu. Its very easy to corrupt the phone when flashing, but it is always possible to fix it if you have the correct fubu. Ensure the battery is fully charged. You've got to start somewhere, and the siemens isn't too difficult as long as you do the testpoint correctly.

Unlock Tips
Then charge battery and run unlock see notes below.. "To be honest this is not an easy task. I use a microscope and scapel to cut the testpoint, and its not for the inexperienced. I have unlocked 100+ a65,a62 (same testpoint),a60 etc but still you can get into trouble. Cut to deep and you will cut the sim track and get "insert sim" even with sim in, cut not deep enough and the phone want boot, also please remember these are multi-layer boards. Easiest program to use is SST, then choose correct e-gold phone (a65), choose testpoint boot, then press unlock, power on phone when asked. Once program calculates boot key it will say power on, at this point you need to remove the battery, re-insert it and power on again.

Hope this helps, let me know if you require any more help.

BR
James" From http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=139470&page=3&pp=10

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?